Although You take the form of a little Child, I see in You the immortal, infinite Lord of lords, Whom pure spirits adore, day and night, and for Whom the hearts of the Seraphim burn with the fire of purest love. O Christ, O Jesus, I want to surpass them in my love for You! I apologize to you, O pure spirits, for my boldness in comparing myself to you. I, this chasm of misery, this abyss of misery; and You, O God, Who are the incomprehensible abyss of mercy, swallow me up as the heat of the sun swallows up a drop of dew! A loving look from You will fill up any abyss. I feel immensely happy at the greatness of God. Seeing God’s greatness is more than enough to make me happy throughout all eternity!
- “How greatly are you loved by God, and how deeply esteemed you are by His angels!”
- The Way of Conversion of Heart
- “Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much”
- “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
- “Grace is greater than sin, and light is greater than darkness.”