O most faithful companion, appointed by God to be my guardian, and who never leave my side, how shall I thank you for your faithfulness and love, and for the benefits which you have obtained for me? You watch over me when I sleep; you comfort me when I am sad; you avert the dangers that threaten me and warn me of those to come; you withdraw me from sin and inspire me to good; you exhort me to penance when I fall, and reconcile me to God. I beg you not to leave me. Comfort me in adversity, restrain me in prosperity, defend me in danger, and assist me in temptations, lest at any time I fall beneath them. Offer up in the sight of the Divine Majesty my prayers and petitions, and all my works of piety, and help me to persevere in grace until I come to everlasting life. Amen.
- “How greatly are you loved by God, and how deeply esteemed you are by His angels!”
- The Way of Conversion of Heart
- “Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much”
- “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
- “Grace is greater than sin, and light is greater than darkness.”